Welcome to my Weight Loss Blog!

My goal is to lose 100 pounds, which essentially accounts to about half of my starting size. I want to inspire people to take on the challenge I have started. With knowing that there are people out there watching, supporting and…frankly, keeping track, there is little chance that I will wane from my goals. I am known as one of the laziest humans on earth. If I can do this, anybody can!

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Blogging my ass off

You heard of that show, "Dance Your Ass Off?"  I haven't actually seen it, but know of its existence because of one of my favorite shows "The Soup."  They say Joel McHale watches it all for us (presumably so we won't have to), and they mean it!

Anyway, so I was thinking today as I waited for my appointment at Jenny Craig, that I should really start blogging this whole weight loss thing more seriously.  I should "blog my ass off." Then I realized that's what I'm actually going to try to do.

See, if I'm putting it out there in the world that I'm going to do something, and the world comes back the next day to check on me, it sure would be embarrassing to say, "Well, I didn't really do that thing I told you I would." When nobody's checking, it's easy to rationalize.  Not lie...rationalize.  Like how I just rationalized that it's not a lie.

I was really hoping for a solid three pound loss this week.  I've been stuck in the neighborhood of 27 pounds lost for a few weeks, with that 30 pound goal just there, so close I could...taste it (pun intended).  Really thought I had it this week, too.  Not only did I stick to the meal plan, I also stuck to the gym!  I worked out three times this week and everything.

I'm not disappointed, really, that my weight loss this week was about a pound and a half.  That's better than a pound gained.  I just wish I could have another one of those "Wow!" weeks where I hit a new milestone...like getting out of the 220's and into the 2-teens.

So now I'm at 28.4 or 28.6 pounds lost, which is seriously (pardon my French) a good solid shit away from 30.   I know I can do that this week!

With the notion of "accountability" in mind, I am going to now pledge to you, oh loyal reader, that I will stick to the meal plan this week, work out FOUR times and even throw in at least two dog walkings.

Alrighty...time to reward my good work with a little Wizard101 time!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I'm inspired! just created an account to follow your blog and participate. challenging myself with same. same goals, same goal time. xx

    ReplyDelete

Progress